First, the correct riding posture
The upper body leans forward, and the head is slightly inclined and stretched forward. Keep the front is visible, and the arms are naturally bent. Hands are lightly and forcefully gripped while the waist is bowed, and the feet are made vertical vertical pedaling to avoid the left and right legs. Swing and distribute the weight evenly on the buttocks, feet and hands.
Second, develop a good pedaling habit
Many people are used to touching the pedals with their feet. This is a very bad habit during long-distance cycling. The correct method of pedaling should be to step on the forefoot. However, when riding for a long time, it is easy to cause fatigue in only one position, and the legs and feet are the same, so it is necessary to change the way of pedaling frequently.
There are three main types of pedaling used by cyclists: free-style pedaling, toe-down pedaling, and heel-down pedaling. The most widely used is the freestyle pedaling method. The method of this pedaling method is to use the forefoot to contact the foot pedal. The angle between the ankle joint and the lower leg varies with the position of the foot, and the direction of the force coincides with the circumferential tangent formed when the pedal rotates. It has the advantage of reducing the range of motion of the knee and thigh, and the muscles can be relatively relaxed.
Third, riding skills up and down the slope:
(1) Uphill: Generally speaking, short slopes should be completed by accelerating the use of inertia overshoot. When meeting long slopes or steep slopes, you should change the different gear positions, and maintain a certain pedaling frequency and the method of riding the force is as following:
Uphill riding skills are primarily for long and steep slopes. When the long steep slope is up, the rider's center of gravity should move forward, keep the pedaling motion at a constant speed, change the gear position in time, do not pause, do not suddenly force, do not get off easily. The timing of changing gears depends on the slope and speed. There are two principles for mastering the timing of shifting. One is to maintain the rider's uniform pedaling force. The other is to shift the timing slightly earlier. Don't wait until the rider does not move and the speed is completely lowered. Otherwise, After failing to change gears, he was forced to get off. The steeper the slope, the lower the gear position should be.
(2) Downhill: The safety factor when going downhill is very low, and the first criterion for the down slope is to ensure safety. In order to be absolutely safe, you should first shift the center of gravity and make the following points:
- Keep the speed within the range that the rider can control;
- When braking, the brakes are mainly used, and the front and rear brakes are used at the same time, but the timing of using the front brakes is lagging behind the rear brakes, avoiding the use of the front brakes and the sudden brakes alone;
- The front of the visual observation is at least 30 meters in front, and the energy is concentrated. Do not look around and find that the situation should be decelerated in advance. For example, when the color of the road surface changes, attention should be paid;
- When passing a corner, the body and the bikeshould be kept on a plane or held in a straight line, and the person and the bikeare inclined toward the bend at the same time to overcome the centrifugal force, and the angle of the tilt depends on the speed and the radius of the curve. Fixed, but generally does not exceed 28 °, do not overtake on the curve, it is best not to overtake when going downhill;
- The rear and front vehicles should maintain a large distance (not less than 30 meters).
- The ramp is too long or too steep, you should get off the bikeand check the vehicle at the right time. When you get off, try to reduce the speed and lean back to ensure the balance of the body during parking.